MDMA; second favorite drug
by AlexR on March 18, 2015 - 3:21pm
The potentially deadly substance name “Molly” is the second drug of choice for many teens. A teen that had a bad experience with Molly decided to warn other teen about this drug by telling her story. She explains that she was throwing non-stop. In the morning, she had a seizure. She was took to the hospital where she end up in a coma for 46 hrs. She also explain that the drug she took could have been contaminated with rat poison or Drano. She finally claims that before she took the pill, she had no idea of what molly is or what molly should look like.
This small article, that resume the horrible experience a 17 years old teenage girl lived, highlights many problems concerning the usage of this drug. First of all, nobody know who did the drug, where it come from. Secondly, nobody can test the quality of the drug, which means that for a regular user, 1.5gr of 60% pure MDMA can do nothing, which can result in an increase in dosage. But what if the next time the user decide to take 3gr, but the MDMA is now 90% pure? Everywhere in the world, teenagers party and use substance. If we can't stop them to use substance, it would be a good thing to educate them, not only on how it could be dangerous to use the drug, but how to take it safely. Some volunteer opportunity organization exist in order to provide that type of services. It is the case of DanceSafe.org, an organization that provides a MDMA testing booth (in an EMD show for example) and some extra information about the drug.
Original title: Teen’s close call with drug ‘Molly’ prompts warning to other young people, by Amy Judd for the Global News October 6, 2014.