We are students in the Hotel and Restaurant Management Program at College Lafleche. Throughout our course "Business English 2" we have completed 3 professional workshops wherein we evlauated real businesses and then came up with real suggesttions and solutions which we might offer them if they were our clients.
For this 4th workshop, our task was to evaluate the Lotus House, which is a not-for-profit guesthouse which operates in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. This guesthouse uses its profits to support an orphanage, and in turn, the orphans have the opportunity to learn about the tourism/hospitality industry so that when they are 18 years old, they will have a better chance of finding a good job. Mongolia is set to become a major tourist destination, and we were excited to work on this project because The lotus House is a strong example of a sustainable business.
Our task was to research the company and produce the following documents:
1. A rebranding package: logo, mission statement, slogan(s) and anything else that you may think useful.
2. A list of potential parent companies and a brief description of why they may be interested, and in which capacity they may be interested (buy/sponsor/partner). This part must be as realistic as possible and include real statistics and facts.
3. A SWOT analysis for 1 of those potential partners
4. A slideshow that presents the basic concept, key details, and major advantages which will incentivize the parent company to buy/sponsor/partner with your charitable client.
5. A second slideshow which illustrates the improvements, upgrades, technology, new concepts, new product offerings that the investor can make possible.
Here is our work so far: