Member Comments

• jin
    Reply to: Green party environement   4 years 9 months ago
    Hi,

Hi,
    I think for the same issue, my party and yours does not have the same ideology about it. In fact, with your blog, I managed to learn more about the environmental issues of the Green Party. But as you can see in the Communist Party of Canada, they tend to exaggerate things a lot such as funding high-speed rail as a better alternative to highways and airlines or imposing heavy fines and jail terms against polluters and destructive corporate practices, such as clear-cutting, in-ocean fish farming, and deep-sea draggers. Source : http://communist-party.ca/platform. However, they both want to help environment in different ways which is interesting.

• jin
    Reply to: Artificial sight   4 years 10 months ago

Hi there, your article is definitively really interesting. I learned a lot about the robotic eye technology. What I think is with all of the technologies, we are getting closer and closer to a world where technology is life. Right now, a lot of people like you and me are using technologies such as phones, computers, etc. since it makes things so much easier ! But with technology in our body, are we transforming into cyborgs ? You can see in this article that artificial heart is a thing )http://motherboard.vice.com/read/era-artificial-heart-permanent-transpla...). In fact, going as far as artificial heart will destroy our values. Social stratification will be used to determine who can access this technology and I also think it could create a lot of inequality in society.

• jin
    Reply to: Better Than Pills   4 years 11 months ago

Although what you said is totally true, I’d like to add something else. Actually, working out is only one part of the “ultimate” solution because eating healthy is also included. In fact, if you want to eat less, according to this article ( http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/portion-sizes-make-it-too-easy-to-overeat-... ), you should get smaller portions of food whenever you eat. Diet is quite important since if you work out a lot but you eat junk food after, it won’t do anything.

• jin
    Reply to: Better Than Pills   4 years 11 months ago

• Reply to: Essay Abstract   7 years 4 months ago

liked your thesis statement and your arguments they were very convincing and held my attention.

• Reply to: The impact bullying has on education   7 years 4 months ago

I really think the subject is a really interesting because bullying is something that must be put to an end and your arguments makes a great hit for people awareness. Also, I think you need to make your arguments longer because you let the reader with only little detail about it. You should only put one argument but that has a lot more into it. Except that, I really found the subject really interesting with a good chose of arguments.

• Reply to: Down with Bullying!   7 years 4 months ago

I think it is a bit hard to distinguish your thesis statement in your introduction. You start by making a lot of assumptions about bullying that are not necessarily backed up. When I started reading, I was trying to find out if you were talking about bullying as a social context, of the way it is influenced by the media or simply methods schools should use to stop bullying. I ended up deducing, helped by your premises, that your topic was about ways to stop bullying. With this clarified, your arguments suit your thesis perfectly. Your title is very brief, fun, and evocative. Your text looks properly documented. Good luck with this!

• Reply to: Essay Abstract: High School Dropouts   7 years 4 months ago

What about the adaptation difficulties of immigrating students? Or the possible negative influence of family members, friends or living environnement? Or learning disabilities such as dyslexia? Or bullying? Indeed, your thesis statement is a bit vague and might be narrowed down to allow people to be for or against it... Overall, the arguments you chose sound great and look very documented! Good luck with this!

• Reply to: Solutions to Decrease the Dropout Rate   7 years 4 months ago

I read your abstract because we have similar topic. I think that you pointed out well what the causes of dropout are, and that it is a good idea to suggests ways to eliminate it. Do you have studies about schools that use those the methods you suggested? It would be good if you could show the concrete impact of such measures.

Good luck with your essay!

• Reply to: Sports are a lot more about what happens off the field than on.   7 years 4 months ago

I think that your essay topic is original and interesting. Judging from your abstract, your thesis is clear and your arguments are very pertinent. You clearly know how to support them. Good luck with your essay!