Member Comments

• Reply to: Proof of Principle that Memories Can Be Erased   1 day 1 hour ago

Thank you for your feedback!

• Reply to: Que peut-on perdre lors des renégociations de l’ALENA   4 days 20 hours ago

Hi! Your text is really impressive. You have a current subject, so it's more easy to understand the text. What I liked about your text is that you made a fair portrait of the ALENA and the situation of our country about this subject. Also, your text is really catchy and I learned alot about this subject after my reading.
    What I liked about your text is that you use simple words to explain the situation and this made it easy to understand it. But, you should be more attentive to your sentence structure, for example in your text you said that Trump accused Mexico to send rapist and robber, but you didn't supported and prove this fact.

• Reply to: Est-ce que notre économie est protégé?   4 days 21 hours ago

I really liked your text, your french is really good, also the text structure is really good. You started with a catchy introduction. Also, before reading your text I didn't know alot about protectionism, but after my reading I know the positive and the negative effect of this doctrine.
    Your french is really good, the sentence structure are awesome and the text is really interesting, but sometimes you repeated the information, for example in the second paragraph you said that protectionism was a good way to stimulate the economy for a short period of time and you repeated it two sentences further.

• Reply to: James Webb Space Telescope   4 days 21 hours ago

Thank you for your positive comment!

• Reply to: Random Errors in DNA Replication Play Major Role in Cancer ... What Else ?   4 days 23 hours ago

Hey thanks ! I really appreciate the great comment ! I keep hoping that scientist will find a cure for all cancer soon and maybe I will be this scientist , who knows ;) I'm really interested by the subject and I hope that all of these cancer problems will not be a thing anymore in the near future !! thanks again for your comment :) Have a nice day !

• Reply to: A March for the Sake of Science   5 days 2 hours ago

Greetings Mirstiel. You made an excellent summary of the news about this march to promote the sciences. I particularly liked your comment about how it connects to your life. I feel very much the same way: that even though I am not in the field of science, I value science greatly. It fascinates me and fuels my curiosity at the same time that it provides us with some (definitely not all) of the answers that we seek about the world. At times, there have even been overlaps with my work as a language teacher: I've realized that researchers in artifical intelligence are working on essentially the same problems that I am focusing on. They are trying to figure better ways to learn language and struggling with the nuances inherent to figurative language, register, and contextualized language. The more that we realize that science issues are interrelated with social issues, the more that we can find creative and innovative solutions. So, march on!

• Reply to: Random Errors in DNA Replication Play Major Role in Cancer   5 days 3 hours ago

Greetings vincentsta. Your summary was very insightful and you brought up some good points too about the impact of the findings. For example, you wrote, 'it will helps cancer victims to feel guiltier about their condition'. I think you meant to say 'feel less guilty'??? In that case, I would have to agree with you. Cancer in children and young adults who have done nothing 'wrong', so to speak, is the worst case scenario, indeed. I would wonder though about the impact on individuals who have done something 'wrong' and whether these new findings might discourage some from quitting their bad habits. Afterall, the cause of their cancer may have been a random mutation, not the smoking/drinking/inactivity/etc... Anyway, this is a terrible disease and the more we know, the better we can work to find solutions.

• Reply to: Summary of the Article ''Principal Memories Could Be Erased''   5 days 3 hours ago

Greetings rosalielabeaume. You took on a tough subject to explain! The notion of 'place cells' is so fascinating. Thank you for sharing this with us. Sometimes with such subjects, it is hard to communicate clearly the details because of minor errors in grammar (e.g. article use, adjective order: 'prompted by the sound' should be 'prompted by sound' and 'brain mice cells' should be 'mice brain cells'.) but you do a great job inspite of these slip-ups. Also, as you point out, it seems like the method used by the scientists wasn't explained very clearly in the article. In such a controversial issue, it certainly would be helpful to formulate a better opinion on the subject by having more information! That goes to show that even the scientific community (i.e. aaas.org) has something to learn in improving writing skills. Especially, as was seen in the assignment too, summarizing complex scientific notions in easy to understand shorthand can be a great challenge. Great job highlighting this!

• Reply to: Random Errors in DNA Replication Play Major Role in Cancer ... What Else ?   5 days 3 hours ago

Greetings simonmartel.24, your enthusiasm for this subject comes through loud and clear! That definitely makes it more interesting to read when we feel that the writer is engaged with the issues and the subject matter. I also found your title very pertinent as well as very funny. What else?... indeed! It seems that every time I check the news, there is a new way we have discovered that cancer is killing us. Certainly, informing ourselves of the latest news is important, but I get discouraged in the face of such desperate times. Thus, the reason that your last comment is so crucial: You brought up a bright point by noting that nanobot technology could help the issue of mutations. And had that been included in the article on aaas.org, it would have perhaps eased the pain of reading another 'hard' news story. Great work!

• Reply to: Bats have a vertical "blind spot" when using echolocation   5 days 4 hours ago

Greetngs alexandre.sasseville. I like how you have connected the article with your personal experience. As is the case with you, I also am very intrigued with bats. Apart from a 'near-death' experience (LOL) with a bat near my wood shed, they have also fascinated me. And since I got out of that NDE with only a broken arm, I should be fair in judging these often misunderstood creatures. Perhaps it was because of their difficulty to recognize vertical surfaces! I would have liked to learn more about this issue, indeed. Maybe you could have added some more details for the reader.