Member Comments

• Reply to: US college student fails assignment due to professor's belief Australia is not a country   1 month 20 hours ago

I really liked your brief firstly because the main topic of the real article is well set out at the beginning. You also provide only the right information so it's easy to follow what happened and to understand the situation. Finally, the way that you emphasized the credibility of the source at the end is really great.

• Reply to: How fake is the 2018 State of the Union   1 month 20 hours ago

First of all, your interpretation of the prepared speech that Donald Trump did at the 2018 State of the Union is clear and understandable even if the reader didn't know what happened, which is great. Moreover, the paradox that you do with the two personalities he has is really interesting and it enhances your summary. Furthermore, your overview of the article is well done and the way that you mention the credibility of the source with many observations is good.

• Reply to: Fake News: A Serious Issue   1 month 6 days ago

While reading your article it showed me another side of fake news which I did not look at before. An article that gives you a distinct perspective on fake news will be provided in a link below, it looks at how fake news is stimulated through social media. In fact, fake news on social media is more popular that the real news articles. The fact older people are more susceptible to believing fake news can be a bigger issue than we anticipate, most young people believe when older people tell us something. If the older person is telling a younger person something they read on fake news this can be a big issue. Also, I agree with you I do believe journalists are more inclined to tell popular stories rather than truthful ones. Media is about creating the most attention in society and things that catch our attention are not always beneficial for us to read. Also, to your point about democracy, media can be a strong tool used to make people elect someone to become president. In the United States Donald trump used this to his advantage he would make a controversial political statement everyone would talk about it and he would become more popular. One point you can add to your article to provide more insight in your topic is the study done on individuals about interpreting fake news. In your article it lists a study that was done to see the influence of fake news and who is more susceptible to fake news. All in all, I really enjoyed reading your article it was good learning new things, you just need to work on the tense of verbs and everything will be good. Well written summary which I found very interesting.

• Reply to: Review of « The victims of fake news »   1 month 6 days ago

Fake news can be a very interesting topic as it affects everyone in society because anyone can be influenced by it. It is interesting that Ms. Berman wrote about the "war of the worlds" as this was one of the first experiences of fake news creating many to believe a false claim. Reading things like this can be beneficial to us all so we can understand what fake news is and what is real news. One thing your article may benefit from is to provide more details on the issues occurrent in your article. There were many big stories in the articles I did not find in your summary, like the interview of victims in the Connecticut elementary shooting. This aspect gives you a different point of view about fake news, as the articles are real, conspiracy theorists trying are to blame gun control and deem these situations fake. Another aspect of public influence and fake news is when countries use media outlets to broadcast fake news to sway public opinion, more will be summarized in the link provided below. Your point on having a credible author is very important as anyone can create a website and post anything they want. throughout reading your summary of fake news it was very enlightening and well written. There are small sentence structuring issues but overall it is written very well.

This article talks about how Russia is trying to influence Dutch citizens with fake news.

• Reply to: Proof of Principle that Memories Can Be Erased   4 months 5 days ago

Thank you for your feedback!

• Reply to: Que peut-on perdre lors des renégociations de l’ALENA   4 months 1 week ago

Hi! Your text is really impressive. You have a current subject, so it's more easy to understand the text. What I liked about your text is that you made a fair portrait of the ALENA and the situation of our country about this subject. Also, your text is really catchy and I learned alot about this subject after my reading.
    What I liked about your text is that you use simple words to explain the situation and this made it easy to understand it. But, you should be more attentive to your sentence structure, for example in your text you said that Trump accused Mexico to send rapist and robber, but you didn't supported and prove this fact.

• Reply to: Est-ce que notre économie est protégé?   4 months 1 week ago

I really liked your text, your french is really good, also the text structure is really good. You started with a catchy introduction. Also, before reading your text I didn't know alot about protectionism, but after my reading I know the positive and the negative effect of this doctrine.
    Your french is really good, the sentence structure are awesome and the text is really interesting, but sometimes you repeated the information, for example in the second paragraph you said that protectionism was a good way to stimulate the economy for a short period of time and you repeated it two sentences further.

• Reply to: James Webb Space Telescope   4 months 1 week ago

Thank you for your positive comment!

• Reply to: Random Errors in DNA Replication Play Major Role in Cancer ... What Else ?   4 months 1 week ago

Hey thanks ! I really appreciate the great comment ! I keep hoping that scientist will find a cure for all cancer soon and maybe I will be this scientist , who knows ;) I'm really interested by the subject and I hope that all of these cancer problems will not be a thing anymore in the near future !! thanks again for your comment :) Have a nice day !

• Reply to: A March for the Sake of Science   4 months 1 week ago

Greetings Mirstiel. You made an excellent summary of the news about this march to promote the sciences. I particularly liked your comment about how it connects to your life. I feel very much the same way: that even though I am not in the field of science, I value science greatly. It fascinates me and fuels my curiosity at the same time that it provides us with some (definitely not all) of the answers that we seek about the world. At times, there have even been overlaps with my work as a language teacher: I've realized that researchers in artifical intelligence are working on essentially the same problems that I am focusing on. They are trying to figure better ways to learn language and struggling with the nuances inherent to figurative language, register, and contextualized language. The more that we realize that science issues are interrelated with social issues, the more that we can find creative and innovative solutions. So, march on!