Member Comments

• Reply to: Computers should not replace teachers   2 years 2 months ago

Commented by Ikumi
    Thank you for your writtng for this essay, and I could enjoy reading your's. By the way, your thesis statement is "Robots shouldn't raplace the teachers. ". However, in my opinion, teachers will be replaced the robots in the future. Some laboratories are tring to make new robots which contains AI. AI with unlimited hiden potentials, because they can learn everything from anything and they can save some knowledges on the bigdata. Sometimes teachers makes some mistakes and some children hates them, but robots doesn't make mistakes and they are not hated by children.
    How do you think about AI in the future?

• Reply to: Foreign part timer   2 years 2 months ago

I think that working in a convenience store is not easy. Also, foreigners should not think that they do not need to be polite just because they work in a convenience store. I have met people who are not polite, so I do not really like the impression the black sheeps are giving to the public. There are also foreigners who come to work in Japan, so that they have enough money to send back to their countries. Many foreigners work in convenience stores, perhaps, but they all come from different backgrounds.

• Reply to: Discrimination of disable people   2 years 2 months ago

I think that Japan is improving these days. For example, when I take JR trains, I have realised that there are more wheelchaired passengers. The accessibility has improved, thus making it easier for them to travel around. Japan is slowly improving, with different ideas to deal with different issues. Although pregnant ladies are sometime discriminated in trains, new concepts are being created to make travelling more comfortable and easier for them.

• Reply to: Flooding’s in Canada: Why do Canadian cities seem so vulnerable to flooding’s across the country? (Abstract)   2 years 3 months ago

Very interesting subject to look into Max ! I don't know much about the floods in Pierrefonds-Roxboro last May, but I come from a region where spring and floods come together; the Gaspé Coast. The raising water levels accompanied by the high tides literally create a natural phenomenon that is unstoppable. I've seen wharfs, restaurants, and whole family homes leave with the waves below their owners' eyes. All this is to say that, in fact, "moving" a town further away from the coast is actually being done here. A set of targeted businesses, buildings, and homes that were judged "at risk" are being moved backwards from the coastline to a place that assures them a safe future. In all, I have no doubt your article is very informative !

• Reply to: Final Research Paper   2 years 3 months ago

Very intriguing topic Justin ! I find it important for us to look around the world at what is happening to find inspiration. That can bemdone in the health, education, and business sectors to name a few. I agree with you that our education system is structured in a way that makes schooling an obligation for kids. This can be seen as a push/pull strategy...whereas the government nowadays pushes our education on kids. While researchers on the topic, like you, and trying to find solutions that will attract children towards education without being pushed in such a system.

• Reply to: Abstract - Police Militarization in America   2 years 3 months ago

Hi Nathalie,
    In fact, I am not Caucasian, but I feel it's always good to take others' point of view. To explain my point, I wanted to know if their is some kind of systemic racism that numbers could back up. If it is the case, measures should be taken to avoid it. We assume that the justice system is perfect, but there are many breaches that systemic racism can profit off. There should be, without a doubt for me, harsher punishments for abuse from a policeman caused by racism if we can prove it. Anyway, I want police brutality to be abolished as soon as possible, and if one of the ways to achieve that goal is to attack racism in the police forces, then it should absolutely be taken into account. Overall, I think we both want that to end, don't you?

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   2 years 3 months ago

Your project was definitely one of my favorites! It was a very creative and fun way to get people involved in helping the environment. If you plan on doing this event next semester, which I totally encourage you to, I would try to make some posters or some small cards that are given after a purchase that would tell people about the positive impacts this is having on the environment. This way not only will you be helping the environment, but you will also be raising awareness to this important issue. Other than that, I think your project was great and I definitely learned something new after reading your post!

• Reply to: My Experience at Moisson Rive Sud   2 years 3 months ago

I want to start off by saying that it is noticeable that this project is important to you and that it was not chosen at random! Your description about the organization Moisson Rive-Sud was complete and gave us a clear idea to what is like to volunteer with them. I also wanted to say that the symbolism behind your painting is beautiful, i feel like every little detail was thought out (even the drawing style of the flower, as a shout out to your mom). Your post really gives a personal perspective of this issue, if you are interested in learning more about the causes of homelessness I would recommend looking at mental health within homeless people. In fact, one third of homeless persons are affected by serious mental illness (https://mentalillnesspolicy.org/consequences/homeless-mentally-ill.html) and I think it is an important subject to be discussed.

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   2 years 3 months ago

What a cool project! I knew that fashion industry had a negative impact on the planet but never knew that it was that bad. Your idea was definitely out of the ordinary and really cool. I really wish we would have been told about it. Maybe there could have been more advertising for it around the school? And if there was I must have missed it. That is a problem with organizing small activities at Champlain, there aren't much advertising opportunities. If this is a project you plan to do again next year or even next semester it should be something done over a long period of time with much advertising so that comes the date, people will know about it for sure!

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   2 years 3 months ago

What a cool project! I knew that fashion industry had a negative impact on the planet but never knew that it was that bad. Your idea was definitely out of the ordinary and really cool. I really wish we would have been told about it. MAybe there could have been more advertising for it around the school? And if there was I must have missed it. That is a problem with organizing small activities at Champlain, there aren't much advertising opportunities. If this is a project you plan to do again next year or even next semester it should be something done over a long period of time with much advertising so that comes the date, people will know about it for sure!