Member Comments

• Reply to: Flooding’s in Canada: Why do Canadian cities seem so vulnerable to flooding’s across the country? (Abstract)   6 days 18 hours ago

Very interesting subject to look into Max ! I don't know much about the floods in Pierrefonds-Roxboro last May, but I come from a region where spring and floods come together; the Gaspé Coast. The raising water levels accompanied by the high tides literally create a natural phenomenon that is unstoppable. I've seen wharfs, restaurants, and whole family homes leave with the waves below their owners' eyes. All this is to say that, in fact, "moving" a town further away from the coast is actually being done here. A set of targeted businesses, buildings, and homes that were judged "at risk" are being moved backwards from the coastline to a place that assures them a safe future. In all, I have no doubt your article is very informative !

• Reply to: Final Research Paper   6 days 19 hours ago

Very intriguing topic Justin ! I find it important for us to look around the world at what is happening to find inspiration. That can bemdone in the health, education, and business sectors to name a few. I agree with you that our education system is structured in a way that makes schooling an obligation for kids. This can be seen as a push/pull strategy...whereas the government nowadays pushes our education on kids. While researchers on the topic, like you, and trying to find solutions that will attract children towards education without being pushed in such a system.

• Reply to: Abstract - Police Militarization in America   1 week 4 hours ago

Hi Nathalie,
    In fact, I am not Caucasian, but I feel it's always good to take others' point of view. To explain my point, I wanted to know if their is some kind of systemic racism that numbers could back up. If it is the case, measures should be taken to avoid it. We assume that the justice system is perfect, but there are many breaches that systemic racism can profit off. There should be, without a doubt for me, harsher punishments for abuse from a policeman caused by racism if we can prove it. Anyway, I want police brutality to be abolished as soon as possible, and if one of the ways to achieve that goal is to attack racism in the police forces, then it should absolutely be taken into account. Overall, I think we both want that to end, don't you?

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   1 week 2 days ago

Your project was definitely one of my favorites! It was a very creative and fun way to get people involved in helping the environment. If you plan on doing this event next semester, which I totally encourage you to, I would try to make some posters or some small cards that are given after a purchase that would tell people about the positive impacts this is having on the environment. This way not only will you be helping the environment, but you will also be raising awareness to this important issue. Other than that, I think your project was great and I definitely learned something new after reading your post!

• Reply to: My Experience at Moisson Rive Sud   1 week 2 days ago

I want to start off by saying that it is noticeable that this project is important to you and that it was not chosen at random! Your description about the organization Moisson Rive-Sud was complete and gave us a clear idea to what is like to volunteer with them. I also wanted to say that the symbolism behind your painting is beautiful, i feel like every little detail was thought out (even the drawing style of the flower, as a shout out to your mom). Your post really gives a personal perspective of this issue, if you are interested in learning more about the causes of homelessness I would recommend looking at mental health within homeless people. In fact, one third of homeless persons are affected by serious mental illness (https://mentalillnesspolicy.org/consequences/homeless-mentally-ill.html) and I think it is an important subject to be discussed.

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   1 week 2 days ago

What a cool project! I knew that fashion industry had a negative impact on the planet but never knew that it was that bad. Your idea was definitely out of the ordinary and really cool. I really wish we would have been told about it. Maybe there could have been more advertising for it around the school? And if there was I must have missed it. That is a problem with organizing small activities at Champlain, there aren't much advertising opportunities. If this is a project you plan to do again next year or even next semester it should be something done over a long period of time with much advertising so that comes the date, people will know about it for sure!

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   1 week 2 days ago

What a cool project! I knew that fashion industry had a negative impact on the planet but never knew that it was that bad. Your idea was definitely out of the ordinary and really cool. I really wish we would have been told about it. MAybe there could have been more advertising for it around the school? And if there was I must have missed it. That is a problem with organizing small activities at Champlain, there aren't much advertising opportunities. If this is a project you plan to do again next year or even next semester it should be something done over a long period of time with much advertising so that comes the date, people will know about it for sure!

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   1 week 2 days ago

• Reply to: Loved Clothes Love the Planet   1 week 2 days ago

• Reply to: Abstract - Police Militarization in America   1 week 2 days ago

I’m glad you’re taking a stand as a Caucasian male for those who are being abused by authority because of their race, it is very noble cause and I applaud you for your courage. My question to you is, do you believe that the government needs to enforce stricter punishments for law enforcement killing innocence people just because of their race? If any civilian were to kill someone because of their race on unfounded accusations they would be put in jail. So why are police offers allowed to? Where’s the equality in that?