Member Comments

• Reply to: Academic Stress and Mental Health: How are they related?   1 day 11 hours ago

Hi, I’m Tomoyuki from Kansai University of International Studies in Hyogo, Japan.

I found your article very interesting. I agree with the idea that academic stress and mental health are related. In my case, I always have a lot of homework in the university, so I sometimes feel stressed out. If I can have enough time to do my homework, I don’t feel the stress. However, if I cannot have enough time to do it, I am stressed out, and I become anxious. I don’t think it is not good for my health. In addition, I sometimes cut down my sleeping time to do a lot of homework. Also, this is not only happening to university students like me, but preparatory schools in Japan give students lots of homework, and they study hard because they want to enter famous universities in the country. Along with that, some students experience depression and occasionally they commit suicide. As for the ways to solve this problem, I think some students sometimes need to relax and they need help from fellow students and their teachers. Managing a schedule is very important.

How about your college? Is it very demanding? I am looking forward to hearing your response.

• Cap
    Reply to: The State of Healthcare in the United-States Today   1 day 17 hours ago

Hi. I’m Kosuke. I am studying at Kansai University of International Studies
    in Hyogo, Japan.
    I read your article and I find it interesting because I think health
    insurance is a necessity.
    I think Japanese health care system and American’s are totally different.
    According to you, 46 million Americans do not have health insurance.
    Most Japanese are with health insurance. In Japan, health insurance cost
    cheaper than America.In America, people who have enough money can get
    health insurance. I think it is not nice. I heard that health insurance in
    Canada is one of the best in the world.
    However, I also heard that some people who lived in Canada were not happy
    about it. What do you think?
    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

• Reply to: The Dish Project   1 day 17 hours ago

Hi. My name is Takayasu from Kansai University of International Studies in
    Hyogo, Japan.
    Your article is interesting. I think your plan is great. To rent everything
    people would need at an event to eat is efficient to reduce waste, because many people use paper
    cups, paper dishes at some event when they eat and drink. If you do it
    many times, the destruction of the environment will be restricted.
    Volunteering for an environment is difficult for many people. I want you
    to keep volunteering and I hope “the dish project” is big more and is
    admired. It’s great that your class included volunteering as this is a
    learning experience for students.
    May I know what class required you to experience volunteer? Hoping to hear
    from you.

• Reply to: The Dish Project   1 day 17 hours ago

Hi. My name is Takayasu from Kansai University of International Studies in
    Hyogo, Japan.
    Your article is interesting. I think your plan is great. To rent everything
    cups, paper dishes at some event when they eat and drink. If you do it
    many times, the destruction of the environment will be restricted.
    Volunteering for an environment is difficult for many people. I want you
    to keep volunteering and I hope “the dish project” is big more and is
    admired. It’s great that your class included volunteering as this is a
    learning experience for students.
    May I know what class required you to experience volunteer? Hoping to hear
    from you.

• Reply to: #MeToo   1 day 17 hours ago

Hi.My name is Momoka. I am from Kansai University of International Studies
    in Hyogo, Japan.
    Your article is interesting. “Me too” movement is a good activity because
    victims of sexual harassment
    will come out. I didn't know that there is a hash tag "Me too". Also, it
    is a good system. They can share their opinion against the movement and
    sexual harassment. I think it will be more popular in the future. It even
    reached Japan last month.
    Some posts on twitter and one interesting post from a Japanese: “I have
    never told anyone
    about the time I was assaulted nor have I spoken out about it,” wrote
    @yu_ichikawa.
    “I didn’t even mention it to the friends I met up with afterward. I feel
    regret, shame and a
    sense of responsibility for what happened more than anger or sadness. I
    have tried to tell
    myself ‘It’s not a big deal.’ #MeToo”

I don’t think students from my university know this. Do some students in
    your college know about this?
    What are their rections?

• Reply to: Online Shopping Saving the Planet?   1 day 17 hours ago

Hello, Hannah. I am Momoka from Kansai University of International Studies
    in Hyogo, Japan.

Thank you for your opinion. I like the article that you posted.
    Online shopping is also popular and common in Japan.
    I also use it and enjoy shopping but I've never bought clothes. I often
    buy books, daily necessities, and writing materials.
    When I buy clothes online, I will care about vintage or used clothes. I am
    curious.
    How does leasing jeans work? It’s interesting. Hoping to hear from you.
    Regards

• Reply to: Animal Rights   1 day 17 hours ago

Hi, I’m Ikumi from Kansai University of International Students in Hyogo, Japan.
    Thank you for your writing this essay. In this world, so many animals are killed by humans for making their foods, clothes, cosmetics and so on. We should respect their rights, but the humans can’t survive without their life because we can get some protein sources from their meat. In addition, if the government regulates killing animals for businesses, people who are working at the companies which are using animals would lose their jobs. In addition, in Japan, there are around 205,000 cats and dogs, which were euthanized in 2010 (Cara, 2013). Why did these cats need to die? This is because they become pets. Now, the “Hokensho,” some NGOs and volunteers are trying to improve this situation (Jessica, 2014). For example, they make a home where animals can live comfortably, and they hold some events for ordinally people who are interested in adopting these
    animals. In fact, I have a dog which was taken from “Hokensho”. From these two things, the government should make a new law that companies must treat the animals more carefully and they should support NGO’s activities. In addition, everyone should have a responsibility for taking care of pets. Aside from geese, are there any other animals which you think
    are not treated properly?

References

Jessica K, (2014). Japan Today. Animal welfare in Japan improving
    Retrieved from

Cara C, (2013). Japan Today. 500 cats & dogs legally killed in Japan each day
    Retrieved from

• Reply to: Homelessness and Returns to Shelters   4 days 17 hours ago

Hello my name is Padli. I am from Kansai International University of
    Study Japan.

I read your article and it reminds me about the homeless in my country in
    Indonesia. They do not only have home, address and many more to live.
    Sometimes they commit crimes like stealing someone's wallet. They also sing
    songs with guitar to get money in front of people’s house. I know these are
    the only things that they can do to survive, but it is really annoying
    for us. Unfortunately, the number will not shrink because it is too high.
    It is different in Japan. I have lived in Osaka, Japan for more than 4
    years and I have only seen the homeless in a village.
    I do not know why there are no many homeless people here even though the
    living expenses
    are quite expensive, but in 2016 while Tokyo counts fewer homeless in
    daytime, advocacy group finds higher numbers at night, totaled 1,473.
    Although they do not show up at stations or big parks frequently, some
    people who thought their financial situation is unstable, they stay at
    internet cafes, but they are not classified as homeless, so Tokyo
    government assumes that there are still a number of homeless who are not
    counted accurately (Osumi, 2016). Homelessness in every country has
    different condition depending on the way of their thinking and how
    the government is taking care of them. In my opinion, the government should
    give them education so that they can get skills to do a job or do
    business and have a bright future.

In the case of Canada, do you think this problem will be solved if the
    government will prioritize it, or there are just way too many of them that
    the national budget will not be enough if your suggestions will be
    implemented?

• Reply to: Gun Violence in America   1 week 10 hours ago

Hi, Gabriel. This is Shimin from Hyogo, Japan. Your posting is very informative.

It is undeniable that gun possession, gun control, and gun violence are major problems in America, that absolutely cannot be neglected. However, it is a larger problem when guns itself becomes the assumed method of solving the issue. Across articles that I have read before, there are Americans who used to not own guns. They started possessing them, in hope of protecting themselves from the real offenders who abuse the possession of the arms. It is truly a problem when Americans think that
    the solution to the issue, is the issue itself. Having this mindset will only increase the number of people carrying guns in America, and not help at all with the idea to decrease gun violence.

In Japan, there are hardly any gun-related cases. Although it is difficult to say for the yakuza (mafia), gun possession is against the law. There are hunters in Japan who are allowed to possess and use them, but only with a license that is very tightly controlled. The process of obtaining the license is very strict, to the point that the authorities will actually ask parties related to the concerned hunter, in order to judge if the license can be processed.

America can solve the gun issue, only if she is truly determined to get rid of the arms in the country. However, it can be very complicated as the number of people involved is very huge, and the culture between America and Japan is very different.

What are the gun laws in Canada?

• Reply to: If you could change one things about the world, what would it be?   4 months 1 week ago

Thank you watching my essay.