Feminism: Advantages and Disadvantages
by lalo on September 11, 2014 - 6:28pm
According to Merriam-webster, “Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights of women”. Feminism seems to be a good idea, but not everything has been fine. Some feminism advantages are:
- The women have gain equality.
- The women are able to participate in elections.
- The women are able to speak in public.
- The women are able to demand their rights.
However, some women, mainly the ones who had had problems in their families, have exaggerated the situation, therefore the feminism have had some disadvantages:
- Genital difference. Some women think that a man and a woman should be equal in everything. And everything includes their physics. Therefore, to also have the same body, some women have preferred to live with a lesbian and forget the men.
- Anti-male. Many women want to have children, but some of them think that a sexual relation is a violent action. To avoid this “violence” they chose for inseminate.
- Readings. According to the feminism, everything should be equal in sex. Therefore, an author should have two protagonists: a man and a woman. What about the orders in the writings? Could we write: A man and a woman? Or should we write: A woman and a man?
- Harassment. In some countries such as Mexico, it is dangerous when a man sees a woman, because she is able to consider it as harassment. Also, it is dangerous to travel in metro, because if a man rubs a woman as an accident, the woman is able to sue the man for a sexual harassment.
The feminism has had advantages and disadvantages. Equilibrium would be the only way to get a correct feminism.